Wednesday 18 April 2007

Första Flykt

Blogs! Blogs? "Blogs", yep knew they existed but never did find the time, interest or a fast enough Internet connection to try them out. It's been a month and a half after arriving in Umeå in Sweden. Even with a 100MB Internet connection and some time of my own, it never ever crossed my mind that NOW I can maintain a blog.

So the day had arrived, when the almighty decided “You shall be blog-lightened” a Crash and a Bang of Thunder...!.

It was a run a round the country side to locate where "HumLab" was, it was in an underground location, which to me seemed like a posh place in a basement. I walked into a seminar, already 15 minutes passed and felt totally lost for a few moments, grabbed a chair and settled in (thanks to Dög who lent me his computer). Well trying to get what this lady in a dark-gray suit was yapping about, Ahhh! alas some familiar words, Internet, Web, Wiki, Flikr, Blogs, Web 2.0.... blah blah blah. Ah! OK so she was talking about how Web 2.0 can be used for education.... or rather how she used it for education....! Great! A new way of looking at the new (hmm Old?) web stuff, how they could be used in education. That was cool.

Finally a coffee break! A chance to get a one-on-one with this lady, get more insight into the usage of these new apps. “Aagnah” WRONG! this woman seemed like a person with a not so good attitude! Snobbish as Homo sapiens sapiens from the "Land of the Free" could be. With no success for me and the break over... she went on "I", "me" and "mine"... in a marathon of a MPHOT!

Haaa any way, what is good must be appreciated, even a “rotten tomato” may serve a good purpose, sooo… thank you Barb G, I appreciate the fact that you opened my eyes and gave me a reminder about the power of blogs. Tack så Mycket

And so my journey begins…!

No comments: