Thursday 17 May 2007

Difference between Pity & Humanity

I was having a chat with one of my friend who sent me over this link to a video (I thought I'd post it here but then decided against it) since I did not want to promote such a video. The video has a title like "Gods, Allah, Buddha. what a bunch of nice guys". Personally I recent the title, since it is the case that many of us blame karma or god when things go wrong, but rarely are thankful when it works out in our favor. Any way the video showed people and animals with deformities.

Well what does it have to do with Pity and Humanity?

Here goes; I started watching the video and I started feeling pity for them, but then I started to see something in them that I don't see in 90% of the people I know; "resiliency", "true courage" and "a smile" overcoming their plight (I call it plight because I have no better word and it's better than calling it suffering, but I know I'm wrong - please suggest). I could see the love they were having in their big hearts and of course their families and loved-ones were equally resilient, strong and loving. It was an eye opener for me and I realized that they were stronger and had more love in their hearts than a thousand hearts put together.

This made me realize that I was now seeing inside the person or animal, beyond his/her/its external appearance. This is when I realized the difference between pity and humanity. Pity made me see the person outside, humanity made me see the person inside.

Just wanted to share this with "someone", so that the next time one give money or offer ones seat to a less fortunate, one might do it because of humanity and not because of pity.

PEACE 2 YA ALL!

PS: Don't waste time it was not on google or youtube.

No comments: